Hon. Mohanrao Gangaram Hapse
-Born on February 2, 1938 at Newase in a farmer’s family.
– Completed his education while fighting every odd situation and responsibilities. Had primary education in a school run by District Local Board, High School education at Dnyanodaya Highschool, Newase. Graduation at Ahmednagar college Ahmednagar and post graduation in University of Pune. Obtained his masters in Chemistry received PhD through National Chemical Laboratory. Obtained post doctoral fellowship for research in Cincinnati University USA for three years.
– 1970 return from USA to India to join as a professor in chemistry in Shivaji University Kolhapur.
– 1971 joined as a principal at Pravaranagar this provided him an opportunity to work for education of the students in a rural setup undertook many projects and experiments for the benefit of rural students.
-Became secretary of Pravara Rural Education Society and received best teacher award by Government of Maharashtra.
– 1990 selected as a vice- chancellor of University of Pune his tenure in university brought discipline and administrative coherence.
-May 17 1983 selected as a trustee of Ahmednagar Jilha Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj worked as assistant secretary.
– 1990 to 2003 remained president of Ahmednagar Jilha Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj during his tenure he give priority to establish high schools and colleges in Ahmednagar district. Substantial contribution in locating from different sources to establish infrastructure for newly started branches of the institute.