Adv. Ramnath L. Wagh
– Born on August 1, 1932 at 1 Wambori, Taluka Rahuri, district Ahmednagar.
-His father worked in army for Maratha Regiment at Belgaon. Later he pursued farming.
– Had his primary education at Wambori.
– Due to economically challenged condition of the family started working at early age and took many low- profile jobs to meet financial challenges of the time.
– 1953 passed SSC and took admission for BA at Ahmednagar College Ahmednagar, completed BA in 1959.
– 1961 completed LLB with good academic record
– Had interest in social work since childhood participated in camps of Congress Party who work as a volunteer for Congress Sevadal.
– Remained the president of the district Youth Congress and District Congress Party who worked in Sanyukta Maharashtra Movement, Farmers Movement, send to prison for the same. -He established Worker’s Association and elected as the President of Ahmednagar Zilha Parishad.
– 1975 workd as a director for Maharashtra Sinchan Vikas Mahamandal, Bhu- Vikas Mahamandal, State Transpot Mahamandal, Krishi Udyog Vikas Mahamandal.
-He was nominated on the executive body of Ahmednagar Jilha Vidya Prasarak Samaj. He had been working for the institute since 1958. He remained president of Ahmednagar Jilha Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj from 2003 to 2011. During his tenure as a President of Ahmednagar Zilha Parishad he proved instrumental in gathering huge funds for generating infrastructure. He had major contribution in opening of New Law College Ahmednagar and New Arts Commerce and Science College, Ahmednagar. In 1983 helped in drafting a revised constitution of Ahmednagar Jilha Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj. He worked as a member of senate and executive body member of Savitribai Phule Pune University. 1982 active participation in Dalit Sahitya Sammelan and Akhile Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan in 1997.
-Founder member of Yashwantrao Chavan Vyaspith and editor vollumanus work on life of late Shri Yashwantrao Chavan titled Yug- Pravartak Yashwantrao.